More people live in slavery today than ever before!!
That's NOT OKAY with me!
My name is Naomi, currently I am a SAHWM (stay at home working Mom). My husband pastors a small church in Alberta, we have a tween and a teen.
Before this chapter in my life, I worked for the SA (Servants Anonymous) Foundation, an incredible Canadian Christian organization specializing in setting up long term recovery programs around the world. I did fund & project development, was a house mom in the recovery home for a couple years and helped start SAF's first international project in Nepal. While in Nepal I also started my first social enterprise. I truly had no idea what I was doing but, what I knew was that to keep women from being forced to sell their bodies, they needed sustainable dignified employment and skills!
Here are some fun pictures of the first handicraft business I started in Kathmandu, Nepal! Those first woolen items were so terrible! It's really a miracle they sold!! They were so itchy. hahahaha
Since we could only sell toques for part of the year I decided to get into jewelry. I had never made a piece of jewelry my entire life! I had to get my husband, who is a fly-tier to help me. He taught me knots and other techniques.
In 2017, I regretfully stepped away from SA Foundation to be home with the kids. However, I soon realized I still needed a platform to keep speaking about the global sex trade - a cause that I feel called to give my life to. Redeemed was started accidentally and has continued to grow and gain momentum. We started redeeming old belts and turning them into cuffs. I just loved the symbolism of taking old discarded belts, investing in them and giving them new life! Exactly what every sexually exploited person needs and deserves.
2022 - In addition to online, we are now in multiple stores in Alberta. All businesses who believe in our vision and sacrificially donated shelf space so we can give more away! Please see the SHOP LOCAL tab for store listings.
Thanks to your loyal support and for telling your friends about us, we have given away over $30,000.00 to six different charities!
LORD WILLING - perhaps we can add more zeros to that number!
My main focus these days is using Redeemed to speak to groups about the harms of pornography. Porn is the strongest, closest and greatest connector from the global sex trade to our families and vice versa. We have to be ready and equipped to fight this aggressive predator. Please read more in the SPEAKING tab to learn about how you can book a presentation.
#1. WHERE DO THE PROFITS GO?
- 2017-2018 SA Foundation received $5,500.00
- 2018 - 2019 Mully Children’s Foundation, the largest family in the world! $3,546.00
- 2019 - 2020 LIFT International working in some of the darkest corners of the world in Thailand $5,544.00
- 2020 - 2021 Defend Dignity, working with businesses and governments to push for change here in Canada Donated $7,500.
- Charity special exception - August 2021 Global Catalytic Ministries, emergency kits to Afghanistan $1,680.92
- Charity from September 2021 - June, 2022 IJM - Canada! $6,500.00 donated
- Charity from September 2022 - June, 2023 Next Step Ministries. $2,000.00 in January.
- Total given away to date: Cdn $32,270.92
#2. WHO MAKES THE JEWELRY?
- As we can, we import ethically made product from social enterprises working in impoverished and high risk communities to support the family unit, keep kids at home, and decrease their vulnerability to sexual exploitation and trafficking.
- We also import survivor made jewelry from other frontline organizations.
- Lastly, I employee a single mom in my area to help me with jewelry production. One thing I wrestle with, with these pieces, is I cannot verify how and where all our raw materials are made. I do source online and finding a wholesaler that shares their labour and production details seems impossible. I looked at buying raw materials from other charities but most only sell finished pieces. I continue to research this area. Please know that I'm aware it's not the best set up right now, I am investigating how I can find ethical raw material producers without traveling the world in search of one. If you have contacts in this area, I'd love to hear from you.
- If you are passionate about fighting this cause, if you love our story, join us! Spread the word, gift Redeemed, share the love on social media, apply to be a brand rep, donate shelf space if you are a business owner, etc. You name it! The opportunities are endless for those who seek justice. I can't wait to connect with you or see your sweet name on our order list!
"Each time you spend money you cast a vote on the kind of world you live in."
p.s. Purchasing from us should not replace actual donations given directly to charities. Charities need donations. We encourage you to do both if you can! Thank you :)